Monday, March 1, 2010

Bionic Eyes

A girlfriend of mine gave me some information on an eye doctor for Kingston awhile back.  It was very thoughtful of her, and I appreciated it; however, never got around to making the appointment, despite the fact that it was free before he turned one!  Yesterday, it was confirmed that my child has bionic eyes.  As we were sitting in the Element while waiting in the drivethru for our fastfood, my son spotted school buses 600 feet away, thru buildings, trees, cars, and lots of distraction!  At first I heard him schuffling around, I turned around to see what all the excitement was, and he was just smiling from ear to ear, I turned back around, saw nothing of excitement, and looked back at him and asked him if he had just seen a bus.  He was still carrying on, arms waiving, squawking like he saw a bus, so I turned back around again, looking forward and yup, there were buses - past route 6, behind the building, in between the trees... lots and lots of school buses!  Kingston is obsessed with school buses.  They have the same effect on him, that ben & jerrys has on me!

This morning on my way out, Kingston shared his new words of the day, Happy Birthday (over & over again).  I'll admit, it sounded more like "hopy bifday" and the b was said in a whisper.  We haven't celebrated a birthday since January... but apparently someone in the household has been singing Happy Birthday, enough where he knows the words! Grammie told kingston that if he keeps practicing, he'll have his song perfected by June 1st (that gives us 3 months!), what an awesome present... if he could say "Happy 50 Birthday Grammie".  We'll work on it.... can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment