Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring is here!

Everyone was sick last week with the stomach bug!  It circulated thru the whole house, not leaving one person out!  Kingston & I were 100% by Wednesday... so we attended playgroup on Thursday, came home, had lunch and ventured back out to the park to meet our friends Lauren & Benny.  The boys don't seem to be all that interested in one another as they are in the rest of the world, but it was fun, none the less.  Lauren is infamous for packing snacks and Benny was kind enough to share goldfish.  The boys sat by the ducks, or swans, Lauren nor I could establish what they were, we'll call them ducks for the sake of simplicity!  I suppose I should refresh myself with wild animals, so that I can teach Kingston the proper names.



While we waited for daddy to get home; Lynzee, my 9 year old sister offered to pull Kingston in the winter sled in the front yard, at first I hesitated, then I gave in.  Afterall, what harm could be done? They had a blast.  He's been calling her "sissy" lately.  He knows her name and calls her that also, it's quite funny, he adores her, and she adores him!

For dinner I suggested Hank's, since it was opening day.  Hank's is a staple for good weather & yummy food.  Unfortunately, I could have never predicted what would happen.  EVERYONE in Northeastern Ct was also at Hanks, we ordered at 7pm and didn't get our food till nearly 8pm.  I felt so bad for Kingston, he ended up having a squeezable apple sauce & milk while we waited.  Then we got our food, which was delicious! Lynzee, my 9 year old sister and I had ice cream after dinner, Kingston was nearly falling asleep, however managed to get a lick or two from Lynzee's vanilla cone.  Ahh yes, Hanks is open, Spring is here!

Kingston has a few new words in addition to sissy, he's been saying "bus", "choo choo" when referring to the train, I've heard him drop "ugh oh" a few times also, and my favorite, "peek boo".

No comments:

Post a Comment